GCDS is currently seeking self-motivated, detail-oriented and globally-minded candidates to join the brand’s team. All candidates must be based in Los Angeles. Please email your resume and examples of prior related work to recruit @ gcds.it.
STORE MANAGER - MELROSE LOCATION
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication
SALES MANAGER - GCDS SRL.
- Sells products by implementing sales plans; supervising sales staff.
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements international sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Coach, mentor and help team close highly complex long sales cycle deals meeting quarterly and yearly revenue quotas.
- Generate project proposals/plans and quotes for customers.
- 2+ years of a successful track record of B2B working independently in the field.
- 2+ years of team management experience
- Must be highly proficient with computer skills.
- A track record of achievement as evidenced by sales awards, beating quota, building a new book of business, growing a market, etc.
WHOLESALE OPERATIONS ASSISTANT - GCDS SRL.
- Provide support in the wholesale pre-booking process by assisting with order review, data entry, and order confirmations with customers.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the brand's international sales showroom to provide assets for sales exhibitions and screen prospective customers to ensure they meet vendor requirements.
- Liaise with the marketing, sales, production, and accounts receivable/logistics teams to ensure orders are being executed according to customers’ expectations.
- Promote efficiency in the overall operations of the L.A. office by providing general showroom assistance, such as: answering the phone, responding to email inquiries, merchandising samples in the showroom area, etc.
- Analytical, extremely detail-oriented, and proficient in basic Excel functions. Able to maintain accuracy with data entry.
- Globally-minded, possessing a keen understanding of cross-cultural dynamics and a strong interest in working with international teams within the fashion sphere.
- Energetic, upbeat, flexible, and is an enthusiastic learner.
- Fluent in English and comfortable with verbal, written, and interpersonal communication.
- Able to work independently, willing to take initiative, and able to make sound decisions. Possesses strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
While not mandatory, it would be a plus if the candidate:
- Demonstrates proficiency Japanese and/or Korean and/or Mandarin
- Has a proven track record of excellent customer service
- Has a basic understanding of the fashion industry (wholesale vs. retail, seasons, etc.)
PRODUCTION MANAGER - GCDS SRL.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
Bilingual (English / Japanese) apparel production manager.
- Prior experience in Apparel/fashion encouraged.
- Good communications and organizational skills.
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Have good IT and numeracy skills.
- Have excellent management skills.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage a budget.
- Have basic Microsoft office.
- Have some Adobe skills (Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Have some knowledge of apparel production processes.